Sunday, August 18, 2013

Saying Goodbye~

Feeling it~
 
Well, I didn't think that this day would come where I would leave my home of twenty four years and downsize.  For four years I've not felt that I should move so I've held down the fort even though it's been hard to take care of such a big place on my own without children home.
 
It's a mixed bag of emotions for sure and saying that final good bye of memories is painful to say the least.  At the same time, life feels promising of a future with less grief work.  Could it really be possible that I can start a new life in a new place and feel ready?
 
Coping With It~
 
This is a road that I recognize from past losses and walking down the "good bye" path.  It's a time of reflection of your memories.  I can hear the laughter, see the tears, feel the good times and not so good times ringing through my mind while I sit on an imaginary bench of time.  Tears come easily as I recognize and sense the time to stand and walk a new path of a new chapter in the book of life.
 
It's painful to start the walk because our future walk is full of uncertainty.  Do you want to hang on to this life in the absence of your loved one or is it time to really start making new memories.  It feels like "growing pains" but there comes a time when your heart needs to shift into another gear and you just have to take the steering wheel in hopes that you will be able to continue forward into the "unknown".
 
When things come together without much effort and you feel or sense that the change is meant to be it just seems to feel right.  Moments like these are far and few between for me so it feels like a cool summer breeze after months and years of a hot, burning fire--a refining fire in life that is encountered.
 
Good bye, my dear old house...
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment